Every person has a primary and secondary money personality. The primary personality is the one that fits your actions and feelings about money without question. The secondary money personality is the one that resonates with you, but not as much as the primary. Our personalities are a result of the characteristics we are born with (nature) and the development and growth of those aspects through the environment in which we grow up (nurture).
The 5 Money Personality Types
- Savers “get a rush out of saving money.”
- Spenders actually get the rush from spending money.
- Risk takers are more excited about the risk than they are of the potential profit that could be made.
- Security seekers are most interested in their finances being safe and in line.
- Flyers (as in fly by the seat of their pants) are rarely affected emotionally by money.